What can Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture can treat a broad range of conditions and may also be used to maintain general wellbeing.
The World Health Organisation recognises that Acupuncture is effective in treating over 40 common conditions and disorders. In 2003 the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) released a report called “ACUPUNCTURE: REVIEW AND ANALYSIS OF REPORTS ON CONTROLLED CLINICAL TRIALS“. A shorter list is as follows:
- Musculo-skeletal disorders, i.e.: back pain, sciatica, neck pain, sports injuries, arthritis;
- Respiratory disorders, i.e.: Asthma, Cough, Cold, Flu, Hayfever, Bronchitis, Fever;
- Gynaecological disorders, i.e.: Infertility, Irregular or Painful menstruation, PMT, symptoms of menopaus, morning sickness during pregnancy;
- Emotional disorders, i.e.: Insomnia, Anxiety, Headaches, Stress;
- Ear, Nose & Throat disorders, i.e.: Sinusitis, Sore Throat, Ear ache, Tinnitus, tooth ache, Tempero Mandibular Joint (TMJ) syndrome;
- Gastrointestinal disorders, i.e.: Diahorrea, Irtitable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Stomach pain, gastrointestinal weakness, Constipation;
- Urgogenital disorders, i.e.: Urinary Tract Infections, Prostitis, Incontinence, Cystitis;
- Neurological disorders, i.e.: Post-Stroke neuralgia, Herpes Zoster (Shingles), MS, headaches;
- Circulatory disorders, i.e.: Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, Angina
Acupuncture is also an effective Supportive Therapy for Post-chemotherapy and operative nausea, vomiting, pain, and the side effects of medication. It also helps support a person with weight loss or quitting cigarettes.
Click here to book an appointment